The foundation will be having a Conference tagged “National Dialogue on Better Life for Persons Living with Sickle Cell Disorder”. The event is scheduled to hold on Tuesday 29th November 2022 at the Merit House, Aguyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja. This is part of the foundation’s public engagement with the general public and the sickle cell community in particular.
The dialogue will feature amongst other events:
- Presentations by prominent Senior Consultant Hematologist talking on the management, control and new treatment options in the management of sickle cell disorder.
- Clinical psychologist- Talking on the emotional needs of patients and caregiver.
- Government officials in the health care sector talking about the efforts of government in tackling the menace of sickle cell disorder.
- Also we plan on having a round table discussion among sickle cell patients and their caregivers where they will be talking about their personal experience and coping mechanism in their daily lives.
- The event will also involve free genotype testing, free distribution of drugs and books on sickle cell disorder.